What are the Benefits of Indoor Polished Concrete Floors?
- Durable: Polished Concrete floors are seen in indoor settings in different parts of Europe, especially in Italy, in structures that are literally hundreds of years old, reconditioned, and still looking great!
- Low maintenance: Besides the easy upkeeping of keeping clean, these floors do not need ongoing maintenance.
- Cost-effective: Polished concrete floors have the same benefits of Terrazzo, and Granite floors, at a fraction of the cost.
- Aesthetically appealing and unique: Because concrete is an imperfect and partly natural product, each floor has its own beauty and uniqueness.
- Hygienic and easy to clean: A simple microfiber cloth for dusting and a damp mop for washing with the assistance of a mild neutral or biodegradable detergent is all that is ever needed.
- Seamless: Next to terrazzo, polished concrete floors are the most solid and seamless floors available.
- light reflective: High reflective floors are known to reduce electrical power because of bouncing higher amounts of light, therefore, limiting the need of light globes.
- Thermal mass: Thermo mass floors, when properly positioned, maximise the benefit of solar gaining and therefore it limits the need for heaters.
- Hypoallergenic: Because of its smoothness and seamlessness a concrete floor that is polished and sealed, gives the ambience the higher chance to minimize dust and dust mites.
- Ecologically friendly: Especially indoor, where most buildings already have a concrete floor, polishing the existing floor minimises the need for any extra material needed to manufacture any other type of floor covering.
Contact Polished Concrete Specialists to find out more. Call 08 9359 2950.